Successfull 7 steps to sell your home
Step 1: What is your reason for selling?
Let’s face it, it can be an emotional time to sell a home than to buy a home. The reason for selling your home may be a determining how much of an urgency of the sale is. This would influence the price of the property.
It is important to take the following factors that can influence the sale of your home into consideration:
- Reason for selling
- Condition of property
- Style / Design
Step 2: The cost of selling
It’s very important to first calculate the expenses that may be incurred while selling your home. This is necessary because it helps you to determine a good price for the house, as well as the potential profit that you can realize.
There are several costs such as: commission to be paid to the agent, closing cost, taxes, advertising costs, property inspections, and test, etc.
Step 3: The price
The most important factor to consider when putting your home on the market to sell is setting the right price. The price at which your property is marketed can have an effect. The first two-three weeks on the market is the most critical time.
If you over price the property, some results may include:
- A smaller buyers' pool
- A longer stay on the market. The longer the home sits on the market results in lower offers being submitted
If you underprice your home, some results may include:
- Losing money on your investment. Let’s face it, this is the biggest investment of your life. Don’t you want to get the most out of it?
- A buyer may offer an even lower amount due to a negative mindset of the property or area
Step 4: Your location
You cannot do anything about the location of your property, however the location plays a very important part in the marketability of your home. So, some factors need to be taken into consideration:
- Is your property priced in relation to other offers in your area?
- Is your property in a well-established, transitional, up-and-coming area?
- Where is your property located; in an a rural, or urban area?
Step 5: What is the condition of your property?
Factoring in the current condition of your property will determine how quickly your home sells. It's a fact: obtaining the highest market value and elevating your home above the rest in the same price range often comes down to the buyer’s first impression. Here are some inexpensive tips to maximize your home's curb appeal:
- Make sure to the grass cut and yard clutter to a bare minimum.
- Applying fresh paint to the door, door trim, etc. or even wooden fences.
- Make sure the windows are clean inside and out.
- Try pressure washing your home’s exterior.
- Clean gutters and make sure all debris are disposed of properly.
Step 6: Staging your home
Did you know by staging your cluttered furniture can open rooms and make them seem larger than they are? Or, that opening blinds and curtains, and turning on lights make a room seem bright and cheery? Yes, all these questions are true. Therefore, staging your home to look its absolute best is an important factor in the home selling process.
Here are some inexpensive tips to highlight your home's best features:
- If you have semi-gloss paint, try wiping the walls down, or even paint the walls and ceilings.
- Be sure to clean all flooring and fixtures.
- Repair all plumbing leaks. Even if has had a leak in the past, make sure to disclose.
- Depersonalize the home by removing excessive wall hangings, furniture and extra personal goods that maybe in the home.
- Turn on all lights and open the blinds/curtains during the daytime.
- Play soothing background music and infuse your home with a comforting scent.
- When the home is being shown, please leave the property when it’s being shown. Once you decide to LIST WITH US, we can let you know our marketing techniques and better how to serve you and get your home sold for top dollar.
Step 7: Making your home accessible
Accessibility is a major issue. We know that we cannot do anything about your home's accessibility to specific locations, but it does play a role in the price of your property. We will work with you to highlight the places of interest that are most accessible to your home.
Here are a few important areas to think about:
- Shopping centers
- Main roads
- Public transportation
- Schools and or Colleges
- Outdoor areas - public pools, tennis courts, parks, playgrounds
Thinking about selling? Find Out How Much Your Home is ACTUALLY Worth.
WHAT'S YOUR HOME WORTH?
Don’t be fooled by automated home prices.
Sun Ridge Real Estate -Roseville Branch
Roseville, CA 95747